At Battle Creek Hardware (or “BCH”), we value and respect our customers. We understand your concerns with regards to protecting your privacy and questions that may be raised about the circulation of your personal information.
Personal Information Collected
You can shop in our online store and browse through our website without having to disclose any personal information whatsoever.
However, we may collect your personal information in the following cases:
- When you purchase, place orders, make returns or exchanges
- When creating a Battle Creek Hardware account
- When you subscribe to our mailing list (newsletter)
- When entering our various contests and promotions
- When you participate in our surveys
- When you send a comment or question to customer service by email
The personal information we may collect during these situations is:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- Your shipping address
- Your phone number at home and/or at office
When using PayPal, you will be redirected to PayPal Internet payment solution directly on the PayPal secure site. The payment will be pre-authorized on the PayPal secure site. Please note that we do not have access to, and do not store any data from any transaction involving credit information. The only information obtained is the result of the transaction.
Use of Personal Information Collected
Unless otherwise stated herein, we promise not to disclose, rent, sell or assign personal information about our customers to third parties or share with third parties, without first obtaining the consent of the customer.
However, we may use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To process and fill your order, including sending you emails to confirm the status, payment and shipping of your order.
- To process returns or exchanges of merchandise.
- To manage contests, loyalty programs and other programs and promotions in which you participate.
- To improve your shopping experience.
- To learn about your shopping preferences.
- To understand your tastes and purchase history in order to develop offers and promotions for you.
- For internal business purposes, such as analyzing trends and statistics, for verification purposes and in order to create new products, enhance our website, improve our services, identify needs and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To protect the security and integrity of our website and our company.
- To prevent and detect suspicious or fraudulent activities and transactions that violate our conditions of use or to investigate activities and transactions.
- To contact you and send you information by email, mail, phone, text message or other means about our products, our services, contests and promotions, unless you have indicated to us your refusal to receive promotional communications concerning your transactions, changes to our conditions and policies and/or other administrative purposes.
We share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may disclose your personal information to third parties that manage information about customers and perform tasks on our behalf such as hosting our website, managing promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, managing your requests, helping us collect a debt you owe us, helping prevent against fraudulent or questionable activities and operations and their detection and investigation. We require our service providers to adequately protect personal information, and they are not allowed to use or disclose personal information for purposes other than providing services on our behalf or as is otherwise required by applicable law.
- Business transactions: In the unlikely event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, cession, transfer or other reconstruction (including in the framework of a bankruptcy or insolvency or similar proceedings) of all or part of the company, assets or stocks, personal information about our customers and other data collected as described in this policy is part of the assets transferred and can be shared with other parties.
- Obligations under the law: Our service providers and us will be forced to disclose your personal information as part of a search warrant or a valid inquiry or order prescribed by law or to respond to an investigation agency in the case of a breach of contract or breach of any law, or otherwise under any applicable law, in order: 1) to protect the legal rights, privacy and security of our company or our employees, our agents and our contractors, 2) to protect the safety of our website visitors or other properties, 3) to protect against fraud or other illegal activity or to manage risk, 4) to respond to inquiries and other demands from governments or public authorities, 5) to allow us to pursue available recourse or limit the damages we may sustain; 6) to enforce our conditions of use or those applicable to any contest, any promotion or any program or 7) to comply with laws or any legal proceedings.
Use of Non-personal Information Collected, such as IP Address, Cookies, Web beacons and Other Similar Technologies
Non-personal information is that which does not identify you. It includes information such as geographic and demographic data, for example, place of residence and personal preferences. It also includes aggregate data, such as the use of personal information to calculate the percentage of customers who like a particular product.
When you visit our website, we collect data that may include time spent on the website, usage habits of the website, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our website, the IP address (as described below), the cookies (as described below), web beacons and similar technologies (as described below). We collect this information to help us evaluate your experience of our website to better serve you and provide you with personalized information as well as to improve and facilitate your use of our website.
Security of Personal Information
We do our best to provide you an online experience that is safe and convenient. We recognize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We have put in place measures to protect personal information that we possess and control. Therefore, we only allow access to personal information to those of our employees and our authorized service providers who need the information for the purposes described in this commitment to privacy. We have taken appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to reasonably guard against access, use, modification and unauthorized disclosure.
In order to offer an increased level of security, online access to certain personal information may be protected by the password you choose. We strongly recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone. Battle Creek Hardware will never ask for your password in an unsolicited communication.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, you should know that, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered absolutely safe. Therefore, it is impossible for us to guarantee 100% secure data transmission over the Internet. Battle Creek Hardware does not declare or guarantee that personal information will not be lost, misused or modified, and assumes no responsibility for personal information that you transmit, or with regards to the use or misuse of personal information by you or third parties. If you have reason to believe that your communication with us is no longer secure, you must inform us immediately of the problem by contacting us using the procedure described in the “Contact Us” section below.
We keep your personal information for the time required to achieve the objectives mentioned in this commitment to privacy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to Other Websites
Access or Change My Personal Information
Our website contains a feature that allows you to set up a Battle Creek Hardware account. You need to log into your account to access your personal information and modify it.
You can also subscribe to our mailing list (newsletter) on our website. Please note that every time we send you an email, we give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list, so you can stop receiving emails at any time.
We will only communicate with you if you want us to. If you no longer wish to receive information of a promotional nature, such as about special offers and sales, you may notify us by contacting us by email to email@example.com or by following the refusal to participate instructions provided in the promotional email you received.
When you proceed by email, be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you made your registration. If you request that we remove your name and your email address from our mailing list, we will keep your name in a file of names excluded in order to meet your request. Processing your email request takes about 10 working days and your request by mail takes about 3-4 weeks; during this period, you may continue to receive communications from us. We would appreciate your patience and your understanding in giving us the time to process your request.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving our promotional communications again by subscribing to the mailing list on our website.
Changes to Our Commitment to Privacy